Friday 16 January 2015

Cold Room Installation For IBC Cold Storage

As mentioned in my last post I am no stranger to the cold room! Working in cold storage and refrigeration has taken me to many parts of the world and if you missed that last post then follow the link above to read about my 'cold room adventures' in more detail including some memorable photos taken over the years.

These days I spend most of my time talking to cold room customers about their requirements and calculating the optimum way in which they can build and operate a cold store. Sometimes, however, I am asked to get my hands dirty and supervise a cold room installation. Recently I did just that :)

If a cold room is a straight forward size and can be built from regular modular panels with a regular size door, shelving and basic refrigeration plant, then most people can buy what many now call a cold room kit - ie. a package of modular panels, regular door, basic shelving and monoblock refrigeration which they can collect from our premises in Dunstable and install themselves on site. If this applies to you, you might want to check out our special walk in cold room package offer currently available.

Sometimes a customer has a special requirement with certain elements of the cold room design having to be a bespoke supply. The recent cold room installation that I got involved with is a good example. The client is involved in the chemicals industry and needed special storage for IBCs (bulk containers) containing chemicals. The size of the containers meant that a standard cold room door would not be wide enough for the loading and removal of the chemicals when necessary. So I got involved and put together a package that I knew would readily fulfil all their requirements.

Cold room photographed after installation showing the special size door
One other special feature about the storage facility required was the aspect of safe storage temperatures that had to be accommodated. You can read more about the detail of this bespoke supply by visiting this cold room installation post on our company's main blog which covers all things relating to refrigeration and sandwich panels.